Tuesday, October 14, 2008

My Worst Enemy

I played several sessions since my last post. One at Shortys and a few at Harrahs. I had two virtually break evens where I was up a good amount but pissed it away and had one win of $575. Then there was this past Saturday night at Harrahs where I got down early in 1-2 game and then got a monster hand sucked out on in the worst way. I got 500 in front when I get KK on button and make it 15 to go. 2 callers and the flop goes Ad Kd 10d. Checked to me and I decide that I should not get to crazy with this hand as the board was not the greatest for a set. I bet 30 , get check raised to 100 from villian. I call, turn is A, bam! Was hoping now that he has his flush. He checks, I bet 100, he calls and I am frothing. River is another 10 . Now could there be another fukn worse card for me! This is the kinda shit that was happening over and over to me In Tunica during hurricane Gustav. Well luckbox checks and I still have him on flush or missed draw. I know I should check behind anyway ,but no I push my last 250 in a pissed manner. He calls asking me if I had AK as he flips over A 7 os. (of course!) He explains to me that he was trying to bluff me with his check raise and got lucky. Well not only did he catch a frickin miracle card but he checked the river to my tilting donkey ass. I was already down 400 and this pot would have been huge for me. Was so card dead until this hand just no way I was not getting it all in after I boated on turn. Typing this even makes me ill.

Well, I would grind out a comeback several hours later to about 100 away from being even. My table breaks up and I get moved back to table next to Joe B. I was thinking I should call it a night and feel good about my grinding comeback but told myself no. Ill sit next to Joe and bs with him and win some money. See the title of this post. My worst enemy is myself.

I will pause this story as the sleeping pill is kicking in . I will finish up the miserable poker session and talk some football. Seems my Cowboys have some drama building to say the least. I dont know if I am hearing things or not but I thought I heard ESPN report that another Cowboy went down with injury. Jason Witten slipped on a bananna peel and is out with a concussion.

Hookem Horns.

No comments: