Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Event 2 at Gulf Coast Poker Championship

I am going to back track a little on the blog since I probably wont play live poker till this weekend. I pull into the Beau just in time for the 340 NL tourney as I planned on playing several events this trip, as it turned out it would be my only event.(around 570 enties) Loved having a decent starting stack as I was able to play a little poker early on in some spots. My stack steadily went up after several hours and at dinner break I met with Southpaw Rounder and we both had a healthy stack well above average. I moved tables more than I ever have in a tourney which I didnt care for . I finally found a home for a few hours at a table when there were around 100 left. I liked my table except that I was completely card dead and I had Gabe Costner to my left with a big stack. My one mistake was firing two continuation bets with AQ with a 10 9 4 flop against the donk of the table which I did when I first got to that table. You could just look at this guy and tell he had no clue. But he was more than willing to risk his tournament life with 9 8. I slowed down and checked the river. Nice read sir. Okay only hands vs this guy. I watched this goober limp in pot after pot with the blinds and antes getting steep and he never stopped, never raised. Just limp fold. But then he would get short stacked and wake up with AA and KK in the blinds and double up . He had AA three times in blind and KK twice, unreal. I do all I can to survive my card run and we get down to 3 tables. I reunite with limp donkey,Southpaw,and Cody from Shortys all at same table. I can see that Southpaws stack has suffered as well. We both had around 10 big blinds. To give you a visual of Limp Donk he is in a whino uniform. He looks frail and dried up with a moustache and ball cap wearing a plaid sports coat. He is on his way out this tourney when the button puts him all in and he calls. What does he have?? KK again. Limpy is back in business. Very next hand Limpy the Whino limps in under the gun LOL. Everyone folds to me on the button (probably small pairs are thrown into the muck because of limp utg.) I, however, have been playing with this shmuck and know its not much of a hand. Plus I like my hand here KQ. I shove all in. Now everytime there had been a showdown i had quality hands if he even payed attention. He starts saying "well I guess this is it" as he pushes them in. I say damn you trapped me? He flips over A2 clubs. Yes he did , set me up with the ole Ace worst rag. Air all the way for me of course. Im down to one BB and go out very next hand for 26th and $1400 for my time. Just the most horrible play from that spot with his chip count. I get clipped by a whino who claimed this was his first tournament. Welcome to Tex's world.

Southpaw, GeneD, and me would end up getting tanked that night. After Gene broke the security guards tackle while sucking down a beer, we went to literally terrorize the Waffle House and its employees.

No comments: